Here is a very basic SEO guide for beginners who want to use their blog to improve their search engine ranking. In it, I assume you’re using the plugin “All in One SEO”.
1. Choose a keyword that people would search for (you can do multiple keywords if it makes sense). If you want some help or recommendations, Google’s Keyword Planner might be of some help to you: https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner
2. Use said keyword in the title of the page once.
3. Use the keyword in the body of the page at least once, but not more than three times
4. If you have any images in the post, set the alt tag of the image to the keyword. You can click on the image to edit it. Then look for “Alternative Text” and put your keyword in there.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page under “All in One SEO Pack” and fill out the Title, Description and Keywords using your keyword in each of them. The title is the link that shows when people find your page with google. The description is the short paragraph under the link, and the keywords just tell google what you’d like to rank for. Do not put any keywords in that are not in the body of the article.
7. Add your keyword as a “tag” (again, look on the right side).